In addition to those changes taking place without, a major change is taking place within, hence the name of this blog "The change inside." The Lord has really been convicting me lately in so many areas of my life. He has steadily been pursuing my heart and challenging me to let go, to stop trying to control things. More than that, he has made me realize that I have stopped depending on Him altogether. I have fallen in love with this world and have made myself comfortable in it. I have focused all my attention and efforts on achieving success, happiness and material wealth. As the MercyMe song "Crazy" says, "I would be crazy to choose this world over eternity." So why would I?
As I have wrestled with this, the Lord has been trying to get my attention, trying to guide me back to Him, through songs, friends and this morning, through a sermon. This morning was sort of the breaking point. At Athens Church, we have been doing a series called "Good Eats," which basically is a challenge to the whole congregation to spend more time in the Word. This morning Sean read the following verse: "And so, dear brothers and sisters I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice-the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 121-2
Well, there it is. I can't ignore him any longer. So I start this journey of change within. This blog will be my outlet, my journal, my canvas, my testimony.

No comments:
Post a Comment